Monday, November 22, 2010

Tiddlybits

This is the part of the show where I am on Thanksgiving break, but still want to share something with my loyal fanbase (yes, I know that is a dorky thing to call you), but since I don't really feel like writing essays right now I am basically just going to share all the random things that are on my mind. (Not literally, but metaphorically, because if I literally shared EVERYTHING on my mind with you right now you would probably become so frightened that you would never ever read this blog again, or even talk to me, and you would probably be left with only your stuffed rabbit Fred to share secrets with because everyone else would think you have gone completely mental......... which you would have.)

*scans over last paragraph*

Wow... I think MY brain just exploded. On to bigger and better things:

As many of you probably know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (I'm just going to call it HP7 from here on out) was just released this past Friday... and, well, um, I'm not going to exaggerate or anything (yes I am) but it is the best one yet. I have read at least two movie reviews calling it the Empire Strikes Back of the series, and while that is a very bold thing to say, it's kind of true. It's super dark, which is very appropriate considering where in the series we are, and also considering how lighthearted David Yeats made the last film. Way too many teen love jokes... considering that it was the film in which Dumbledore (Spoiler Alert) DIES!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this is gets the tone just right, and while some may complain over the fact that splitting the last book adaption into two films is just a cash grab by Hollywood (it very well may be), it gives the story more room to breathe. HP7 is crazy and dark and intense, as it should be, but it takes its own sweet time to unravel the story. The last 3 films in particular just felt rushed. In this one, all you Harry Potter fiends will have time to soak up all the little details and cameos and whatnots. I also predict that it will make most of the movie money this holiday season and probably take home some Oscars (special effects and sound design anyone?). I encourage you all to see it... but just one thing: don't take the kids.

Probably not as many of you are familiar with the band My Chemical Romance (MCR), or perhaps you were at one time and have since tried to block them from your physique. I understand, they get a bad wrap overall what with their last album being all about death and WWII and cancer. Since that time, however, most of the members of the band have gotten married. The lead vocalist, Gerard Way, even has a daughter. So after three years, having a kid, losing their drummer and nearly calling it quits on the band, MCR is back with their newest effort, "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys." It's kind of like Kill Bill meets Mad Max meets Star Wars meets the 70s meets 1982... if those were all music records, I guess. Anyway, they are really different. They've gone.... pop. Plus the last song on the record is called "Vampire Money" and is basically all about making fun of Twilight. Sure, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment